Law Library Update
The Law library has relocated to the first floor reference area of the main branch of our Martin County library system, The Blake Library at 2351 SE Monterey Road in Stuart, with expanded hours of access to library patrons. Legal research assistance will continue to be offered Monday through Thursday (Noon to 4:00 p.m.); Blake Library hours are Monday – Thursday (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.) with all other days open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. except for Sunday (closed).
Current CLE Seminars Available Include The Following:
Annual Civil Trial Update and Board Certification – good through 7/19/2018 - Credits: 16.0 General, 2.0 Ethics; Certification Hours: 2.0 Appellate Practice, 16.0 Business Litigation, 16.0 Civil Trial
- Advanced Real Estate and Certification Review Course 2017 – good through 7/27/2018 - Credits: 16.5 General, 1.0 Ethics; Certification Hours: 8.0 Condo & Planned Development, 16.5 Real Estate
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting March 17, 2017 – good through 9/17/2018 – Credits: 1 General CLE Credit. Speaker: Former U.S. Senator George LeMieux, Chair of Gunster Law; Topic: 2017 Florida & The Future of Law
- Survey of Florida Law 2017(2 copies) - good through 9/24/18 – Credits: 14.5 General, 3.0 Ethics, 2.0 Technology; Certification Hours (Max 2.0 hours): 1.0 Appellate Practice, 1.0 Business Litigation, 1.0 City/County/Local Government Law, 2.0 Elder Law, 1.0 Marital & Family Law, 1.0 State/Federal Government & Administrative Practice, 1.0 Tax Law, 2.0 Wills Trusts & Estates
- 2017 Wills, Trusts and Estates Certification Course and Advanced Practice Update – good through 10/7/2018 - Credits: 18.5 General, 1.0 Ethics; Certification Hours: 18.5 Wills Trusts & Estates, 18.5 Tax, 1.5 Real Estate, 18.5 Elder Law
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting August 18, 2017 – good trough 10/21/2018 – Credits: 1 General CLE Credit and 1 Substance Abuse Credit. Speakers: Judge Steven Levin and Sheriff William Snyder; Topic: 2017 Opioid Crisis in Martin County and Beyond
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting - November 17, 2017 – good through 3/15/2019. 1 General CLE Credit and 1 Bias Elimination CLE Speaker: Judge Magistrate Shaniek Maynard; Topic: Diversity
Thank you for your interest in the Martin County Bar Association’s collection of CLE Seminars. The following information is provided to assist with the procedure for use of these materials by members of the legal community. The materials are located in the office of the Martin County Clerk and Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd., 1st Floor. Office hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you have any specific questions regarding these instructions, please contact the Official Records Division at 772-288-5553.
CLE CD Circulation Information
- Item Limit: Patrons are limited to checking out one (1) compact disk (CD) at any one time. Patrons that are not a member of the Martin County Bar Association, must pay a deposit fee of $250 (fully refundable upon return) and a rental fee of $20. All fees are due and payable at time of checkout. Please issue separate checks payable to the Martin County Bar Association or cash. Non-members must provide a copy of their driver license with their check. “New Issue” items will be available for use by Martin County Bar Association Members only for one month from release date.
- Due Date: The loan period for CLE CD’s is two weeks per course.
- Renewals: Items must be returned on time. Patrons may not renew materials for consecutive periods. Items can be re-let to the same borrower one full week after the initial return date, providing there are no reserve requests attached to the materials. Late returns are subject to a $5 per day fine.
- Hold-Reserve:Patrons can reserve materials as follows:
o By Phone at 772-288-5553
o In person at the Martin County Clerk of the Court & Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd, 1st Floor, Stuart, FL 34994
- Return Materials: Effective June 6, 2016, all materials must be returned to the Martin County Clerk of Court & Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd., 1st Floor, Stuart, FL 34994. Please DO NOT return to the Martin County Library System.
- Fines and Fees: Overdue fines are charged for materials returned after the due date and apply to both members and non-members. Overdue items will cost $5.00 per item per day. No fines are charged for holiday closings or days the Martin County Courthouse is closed. Patrons are responsible for the full replacement cost of lost, damaged, or never returned materials. Patrons will be notified when items are 3 days overdue.